Sunday, August 18, 2013

not too rough... (am.18.aug.13)>

It is mostly cloudy with some patches of fog drifting around early this morning.  The temperature is 65F (18.3C), with a humidity reading of 95%.  I found 0.10" (2mm) in the rain gauge from a couple of periods of light showers during the wee hours of the morning.  Here at my spot, I've recorded less than a half an inch of rain since Thursday evening.

Yes, we are indeed in a weak and wimpy phase of the monsoon, but it has been refreshing to get a few rays of sunshine, slightly lower humidity, and much less rainfall during the past couple of days.  But when I scan my daily rainfall records over the years, it's interesting how there are rarely three days back-to-back with barely measurable rainfall amounts during July and August.  That means the odds favor us getting hit with some heavier showers in the not-too-distant future.

Overall, though, the weather pattern is looking unusually quiet for this stage of August, and I would expect daily rainfall rates to be running below normal during the coming week.  Also, I still think there's a good chance of we'll be able to enjoy some periods of lower humidity and sunshine now and then.  Not too bad.

Check the CURRENT FORECAST on the tab above.