Friday, February 8, 2019

the after-effects... (pm.08.feb.19)>

Well it is close to 36 hours, and I am still without power.  I did manage to add a few percentage points to the battery power on my laptop earlier today, but it seems even where there is electricity, the voltage is very low, so it was tough for me to get it charged up.  Maybe there are others of you in similar straights.??

So here are the basic facts...

* I recorded 4.39" (11.2cm) of total melted precipitation with this storm system.
*Snowfall here at my house at the very upper part of town was exactly 6" (15cm).
*The lowest temperature I recorded occurred at 1:00am this morning -- 33.1ºF (0.6ºC).

This system was right on track as far as total precipitation and general snowfall amounts were concerned, but the timing advertised by the models was way off.  The changeover from rain to snow occurred about 6-10 hours later than the models had indicated, and then the end/shut off time of precipitation occurred much earlier than expected.  Well -- at least that provided us with a very nice Friday, with lots of sunshine to thaw us out.

Milder weather is in the forecast during the coming week or so, although at least a slight risk of rain showers exists between Monday and Friday.